Rebecca James is our guest today on WeLoveYA. Her debut novel “Beautiful Malice” will be published next year. The story behind publication is one most authors dream about. Rejected by countless agents/publishers she had the audacity to keep plugging away and found representation, then had a bidding war that would rival some of the most notable popular fiction books published recently. And this lady has twins… that makes her a saint in my opinion (and she survived the terrible twin twos without going insane).
- What was the catalyst to get you to start writing?
- How did you juggle writing, running a business, raising kids?
- Do you have a favourite spot to write.
- You’ve just had one of the most successful bidding wars over your debut novel at the Frankfurt book fair, how did that feel.
- Has it sunk in yet?
- You had your novel rejected many times, what made you send it to a UK agent?
- Do you ever act out your scenes to see if they work? (any stalking LOL)
- What’s the best writing advice you were ever given?